Friday, March 12, 2021

1990 Donruss Variations

 I have to say, maybe it's because I opened so much of this product, but 1990 Donruss is one of my least favorite sets of all time.  I lovingly refer to this set as the vomit set.  The color variations used for the Best of the NL and AL sets helped, but the base red just, well it gets old.  That being said like sets previous and after there are a few variations to look for, if you're into that.  



Again this year has the missing period after the INC in the copyright. 


I looked through my stack of 1990 Yount cards and I found both the INC. and INC pretty equally distributed through my stack.

And another reoccurring theme is a slight difference between the wax pack cards and the ones printed for the factory set.  This time it's an almost imperceivable difference in the splattering on the border on the front of the card.  Here have a look.

The card on the right is the factory set card
The card on the right in this picture is also the factory set card 

I literally was driving myself batty on TCDB.com trying to figure out what the difference was until I had to do a google search about the difference, but once you see it, it is there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment