Wednesday, March 10, 2021

1989 Donruss Variations

 Since Robin isn't featured in this year's Donruss and I thought I'd start wading into the plethora of Donruss variations the have been documented over on the Trading Card Database.  So far the variations have been cataloged from 1987 to 1992 and Robin has variations in each set.

I decided to start with the four variations in the 1989 set because they are fairly straight forward and as you will see pretty minute. 


All the variations have to do with omissions and additions on the back of the card.  

The first variation has to do with the copyright line.  The INC can either have a period after the INC or it's absent.  The second variation can be found just below that on the Denotes Led League.  Denotes will either have an one asterisk before Denotes or it will have an asterisk before and after Denotes.  So the four variations are:

1. INC.  *Denotes
2. INC *Denotes (no period after the INC)
3. INC. *Denotes*
4. INC *Denotes* (no period after the INC)

Examples of each are below.






The fact that I don't remember this being a big deal back in 88 says a lot for how minor the variations are.  I also have no idea on rarity between the different variations.  Although looking through my stack of 88 Younts the missing period with *Denotes was the toughest to find.  

Since the diligent members of the TCDB went through the trouble of documenting all these variations in the various sets, I figure it's the least I can do to disseminate them here and also check my collection to see if I have them all.  S


No comments:

Post a Comment