Thursday, February 3, 2022

The Year in Yount - 2021 Edition

 We still have a few 2021 baseball products yet to be released, but the likely hood of Robin showing up in those products is slim (not impossible, but slim), so I think it's safe to post a year end review.  If Robin does happen to have a few more cards show up, I'll of course add them and post about them.

I'll be totally honest when this year started I did not think it would end with 2021 become the year with the second most Robin Yount cards ever produced.  As I write this my count is at 739 and I know there are a few oddball products I haven't included in that list and I didn't include any of the Archive Signature Series cards either, (since Topps doesn't release detailed information on those sets and I'm having trouble finding solid information on products like Jersey Fusion).  Ahem.  


Even with the huge amount of new Younts to find I really didn't add to many to my collection.  I've really given up on eBay both as a buyer and seller.  Shipping has just become too expensive to pick up base and abundant parallels.  My go to for Yount picks over the last few year's has really become COMC, but with their recent growing pains and prices on the site being a little too high.  Lucky for me I've become very patient. And it's nice to see a lot of new cards being added almost daily. I think 2022 will be a very good year for picking up new Yount cards.  That's not to say I still haven't picked up a Yount here and there on the site. And surprisingly I've gotten a bunch of new Younts via trades.

While I haven't added a lot of new cards to my personal collection, I have really enjoyed blogging about and keeping track of the new cards as they are released.  I've also enjoyed connecting with fellow Brewers and Yount collector's on social media.  I love the card community and instead of being jealous of awesome card pick ups most times fellow collectors are genuinely happy when you get a great card for your collection.  

2021 also saw me get to check off one of my white whales.


This 2004 Topps Bazooka Headliners relic card.  May seem silly but I've had this card on my radar for over 16 years and I was finally able to snag one for a really good price back in May.  Now to track down the foil serial numbered version.  

With Robin being featured in one of the first Topps Throwback Thursday sets and that he's also in the 1987 Topps Baseball insert in Series 1 - 2022 is also off to a great start for new Yount cards.  




No comments:

Post a Comment