Saturday, February 19, 2022

2022 Topps Throwback Thursday


Year: 2022
Manufactured: Topps
Set: Throwback Thursday
Card Number: 12
Print Run: 741

My first new Yount card of 2022 and my first new 2022 Yount card is this awesome Throwback Thursday from the 4th set in the first subset that uses the 1983 Topps Football design.  Topps revamped their Throwback Thursday sets last year and now each week a new 3 card set is released on their website.  They release 4 sets all with the same design and then move on to the next 12 cards design set.  So this year Topps started with 1983 Football, the set after this is 2008 baseball (and I would have loved a Yount in the design as well), but I love the 1983 Topps Football design and if the image looks familiar it is.  It's the photo artist Jared Kelly used for Robin's Living card from last year.


The overall print run for the set was only 741 and I had really hoped I might have snagged one of the super rare parallels, but alas all I got was the base cards.  Robin also came with Vlad Jr and Tatis Jr in the set and I thought they might garner a bit more of a print run but under 1000 is pretty nice and makes this a nice low print run card.  

Did any of my other Yount collector's pick this one up?





No comments:

Post a Comment