Thursday, May 20, 2021

2004 Topps Bazooka - Bazooka One-Liners Relic


Year: 2004
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Bazooka
Card No: BOL-RY
Card Type: Relic
Relic Set: Bazooka One-Liners
Relic Type: Bat


I literally just got this one in the mail a few hours ago.  I've been looking for an affordable copy of this card for year's, 17 to be exact.  For some reason this card routinely goes for way more than I feel a simple bat relic out of a lower end product should.   But finally I came across a copy on eBay with a nice price tag and even more very affordable shipping.  It was actually my first time having a seller use the .99 cent card postage and other than the shipping never updated, the card was found safe and sound in my mailbox this afternoon.

I really miss this brand.  It was fun, retro, and had a ton of oddball stuff in the set, which I love. Plus a lot of the inserts like this one were just kind of fun and irreverent.  There is one parallel to this set  a foil board or something like it parallel numbered to just 25 copies, and very hard to find.  

I chuckle when I read the one-liner, because it reminds me of the old Brewers Police issue cards where they have something the player "says" on the back about safety, and never have I thought any of those players actually said any of those things, but this one, yeah that seems like something Robin would have said.







No comments:

Post a Comment