Tuesday, December 19, 2017

2005 Upper Deck Hall of Fame Plaques


Year: 2005
Manufacturer: Upper Deck
Set: Hall of Fame
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Plaques
Card Number: SP-25

Ah 2005.  Robin had over 1000 cards issued in 2005.  So it's no surprise when I find a card I need from that year.  Even a lowly base insert like his Hall of Fame Plaques card.  What's most surprising about this card and this insert in particular is that it has no parallels or variations.  This is it.  Every other insert set in Hall of Fame has multiple levels of parallels and relic and autograph variations.  But not this set.  Which makes me like it even more.  Add the full career stats on the back and you have a great, simple, dare I say majestic, tribute card.  This was another find for my Black Friday COMC haul.  And while I loaded up on shiny serial numbered cards this is probably one of my favorite pick ups.



No comments:

Post a Comment