Tuesday, January 28, 2020

2019 Topps Series 2 150th Anniversary Commemorative Patch Card

Year: 2019
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Flagship
Card Number: AMP-RY
Card Type: Retail Insert Manu-Relic
Insert Set: Professional Baseball 150th Anniversary Commemorative Patch Manu-relic
Card Attributes: Manu-relic

COMC Black Friday Haul #16

This year I picked up almost all my 2019 Yount cards off of COMC.  This is another one of those cards from the haul that was part of my big yearly shipment, but not actually purchased on Black Friday.  This card was picked up 3 days before the event, but I had a hard time passing it up for the price.  

Some people really hate these manu-relics, some love'em.  I'm very middle of the road and it really depends on the card.  Topps in the past has done some really nice manu-relics.  This one I'm not quite sure of.  These cards were blaster bonuses for Series 2 and the term patch is a little misleading or maybe just used wrongly all together.  The manu-relic really isn't a patch, at least in anyway I think of patches or swatches.  It looks to be made of plastic or foam.  It doesn't look terrible just seems kind of, well kind of pointless or maybe redundant.  That being said it most definitely has a place in my collection and the overall look of the card isn't terrible.



No comments:

Post a Comment