Friday, January 3, 2020

2019 Topps Legends Variation

Year: 2019
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Flagship
Card Number: 676
Card Type: Variation
Variation Set: Legends

Continuing with my COMC Black Friday haul, another card not bought on Black Friday, but probably my favorite card of this year, maybe this decade, maybe of all time.  Let's not get carried away.  There's so much to love about this photo if your a Yount collector or a Brewers collector, hell it's a great shot of Ken Oberkfell.  The dust, the action, the lighting.  I found the original image over at Getty Images and they describe this photo of Robin attempting a double play in Game 4 of the 1982 World Series.  If it's not apparent I really, really like this card, it's also been, although slightly altered, my header for the better part of this year, and I haven't found anything I want to replace it with.
Plus the back is a sea of stats, as a back of a baseball card should be.  
I much prefer these legends variations to a lot of the other gimmicks Topps has thrust upon on us over the years.  For me it's a great way to add HOFers and retired players to the set.

Anyone else have a favorite card of the year.









No comments:

Post a Comment