Wednesday, January 29, 2020

2012 Topps Triple Threads Flashback Relics

Year: 2012
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Triple Threads
Card Number: TTFR-21
Card Type: Insert Relic
Insert Set: Flashback Relics
Card Attributes: Relic, Serial Number
Relic Type: Bat
Serial Number: 09/36


COMC Black Friady Haul #17

I picked up a couple nice relics of Robins this past year.  This card was by far the lowest numbered relic of the bunch.  Again this card was purchased months before the Black Friday event, but was included in my yearly shipement afterwards.  I can remember when these came out back in 2012 and thought they were really cool.  I love the double sided relic, although I'm fairly certain it's the same hunk of wood seen from both sides.  The card highlights Robin's nicknames at the start and end of his career.  Nicknamed the Kid when he broke into the majors, a nickname that has been shared by many players before and since.  And of course Rockin' Robin.  Both sides feature images that were very overused that year and have been since.

I'm not ashamed to say I paid just over $6 for the card.  To me that's  a great price for this very low numbered card of my favorite HOF player and to think this was a hit out of a $100 plus box of cards.  Seems I made out OK on the deal.





No comments:

Post a Comment