Thursday, January 9, 2020

2019 Topps Fire Lasting Legacies Gold Minted Parallel

Year: 2019
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Fire
Card Number: LL-8
Card Type: Insert Parallel
Insert Set: Lasting Legacies
Parallel Set: Gold Minted

2019 COMC Black Friday Haul #9

The emergence of Christian Yelich's stardom has really made him the go to Brewers for inserts and token representation in small sets now supplanting Ryan Braun.  Although I liked it better back in the late 2000's when Milwaukee had two recognized superstars in Fielder and Braun and they were in very thing, but I digress.  2019 saw Yelich and Yount paired up on a bunch of insert cards, and I'm ok with that.  Topps Fire is one of those sets either you love it or don't.  I'm not a big fan and these lasting legacy inserts are a little garish, but I do love the pairing and the imagery takes me back to the '90s.  Topps Fire was a Target retail exclusive, but every now and then I find packs at other retail outlets.  The Lasting Legacy inserts had two parallels and those parallels were product specific, with these Gold Minted parallels being found in blaster boxes and the other parallel, Blue Chip, being found in Fat Rack Packs.




No comments:

Post a Comment