Wednesday, January 15, 2020

2002 Topps 206 Piedmont Black Back Pinstripes

Year: 2002
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: 206
Card Number: 289
Card Type: Mini Parallel 
Mini Parallel Set: Piedmont Black

COMC Black Friday Card Haul #12

I've written about my love of the 2002 Topps 206 set.  Well mainly series 2, and mainly the fact that Robin was featured in the set and had two base card variations.  At the time I was pretty enamored with the set because it was the first time I could remember Robin being featured in a base set of new cards, although that's probably incorrect, it was the first time I remembered seeing it.  And as a guy who collected Robin Yount cards I was super excited.  Plus it was Topps first attempt at the vintage tribute set and I liked it.  It also marked the beginning, yes I know Pacific had done it years before, but really this set marked the returned tobacco sized mini inserts.  Over the year's I've been slowly picking up the different backs and image variations featuring Robin.  As a matter of fact with this card I have only one mini card left to find to finish the quest.  Series 2 featured 4 different backs all with some differing rate of difficulty finding.  The most common being the Polar Bear backs and the rarest being the Carolina Brights.  Mixed in the middle were the Red and Black Piedmont backs.  And I'm glad I was able to find this pinstripe Piedmont Black variation to help get me one step closer to completion.  Now all I need is to find a Piedmond Red Blue Jersey mini and I'm done. 






1 comment: