Thursday, January 16, 2020

2019 Panini Leather and Lumber Rivals Materials

Year: 2019
Manufacturer: Panini
Set: Leather and Lumber
Card Number: RM-OR
Card Type: Insert, Relic
Insert Set: Rivals Materials
Relic Type: Jersey
Card Attributes: Memorabilia, Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 082/199

2019 COMC Black Friday Haul #13

I picked up a few relics this year during the Black Friday sale.  One I've had my eye on for a while was a base version of the Rivals Materials insert.  I love cards like this that feature two players that some some history and Ozzie and Robin of course met up in the 1982 World Series, and it just so happens this card is serial numbered 82/199.  That's pretty neat and I'd like to say I noticed it before starting to write this post, but I didn't.  I chuckle a little bit because this set also takes me back to the late 90's/early 2000's when every product featured hits with plain swatches and the really desirable cards were the ones with a little color. Panini didn't bother to write anything about the match up on the back.



1 comment:

  1. It's a shame that there's nothing on the back. Reading about these 2 HOF SS and how they compared in the 1982 world series would have been awesome

    ReplyDelete