Thursday, January 30, 2020

2013 Topps Sticker

Year: 2013
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: MLB Stickers
Card Number: 206
Card Type: Base Sticker


COMC Black Friday Haul #18


It was just coincidence that I featured a card yesterday that had the exact same image on it.  I also pointed out in the post how over used this one image is.  I haven't been keeping track, mainly because I gave up caring about it, but Topps has used this and a few other images over and over again.  

Last year I made it a point to try and track down some of Robin's stickers that were missing from my collection.  Most of those were from the '80s and '90s, but I did finally pick up this modern 2013 sticker for the old collection.  

The overall stickers from the set had a very basic, yet visually appealing simplicity to them and of course the same over used image. I tried searching Getty Images to see if I could find this exact image and maybe some notes, but came up empty (although I didn't try too hard).  

Regardless even lowly modern stickers have a kings seat in my collection and I'm glad to have this one crossed off the needs list.






No comments:

Post a Comment