Thursday, January 23, 2020

2019 Topps Faces of the Franchise

Year: 2019
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Flagship (Series 2)
Card Number: FOF-16
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Faces of the Franchise

COMC Black Friday Haul #14

Last year Robin was featured in quite a few inserts in all three Topps Flagship series.  And of course those inserts, at least most of them, have parallels.  One of my favorite inserts from Series 2 is this Faces of the Franchise.  Since joining the Brewers in 2018 Christian Yelich has replaced Ryan Braun as the face of the current Brewers, at least on cardboard. I'm a big fan of this trio, however I would argue that Rollie is out of place.  If I would have put this card together Fingers would have likely been replaced with Braun, or if we're going old school Molitor.  Not that I'm complaining, as a Rollie Fingers collector I like cards that do double duty for my Player Collections, however if we go by All-Star Appearances Braun's 6 would supplant Yelich, but the write up on the back also highlights MVP awards and Braun's is controversial.  

On a side note I had though I had picked this card up with the rest of my team set from cardbarrel.com, but when I got the Faces of the Franchise card from them I notice it was actually the blue parallel and not the base.  It was an easy mistake since the only real difference between this card and the blue parallel is the top portion of the card is blue and pretty much the same blue as the bottom of this card, and it's unnumbered.  Regardless this was a cheap and easy pick up during COMC's Black Friday sale along with another parallel I'll feature later.




No comments:

Post a Comment