Thursday, January 2, 2020

1991 Panini Top 15 Baseball Canadian Sticker

Year: 1991
Manufacture: Panini
Set: Top 15 Canadian Stickers
Card Number: 56
Card Type: Base Sticker

Next up from my recent shipment from COMC from their Black Friday sale a very large Panini Sticker.  This is another card I didn't actually buy during the Black Friday sale, but rather I picked up this sticker and a couple others back in August.  These are called a couple different things.  The TCDB calls this set the Panini Canadian Top 15, and that makes sense as there is both English and French on the card, I don't believe there was an American equivalent.  There's a lot I like about this sticker.  First is almost baseball card size, so it's big.  Second, Panini using a great full color action shot of Robin.  And third, I like that big colorful 4.  I'm not positive so if I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me but with some minimal research I believe the #4 refers to Robin being in 4th place for Runs in 1990, and the 98 is the total number of runs, I assume RBIs, that Robin had.  The backs are pretty plain, but this after all is a sticker and the backs were meant to be thrown away.  And it was cheap so it's even better.  I'm slowly building and chipping away at my old Panini and Topps Sticker needs.  Anyone have any favorite baseball stickers?







No comments:

Post a Comment