Monday, January 27, 2020

2015 Topps Archives Gold

Year: 2015
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Archives
Card Number: 32
Card Type: Base Parallel
Parallel Set: Gold
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 40/50

COMC Black Friday Haul #16

Patience. As far as card collecting is concerned I've learned to have a lot of patience.  There were days not too long ago that I would have jumped all over any and all parallels for Robin right when they were released.  It's a  conundrum at times, because the time you see the most of any one particular card, parallel wise, is at release, that's also the time when prices are highest.  As I've gotten older, married, and become a father, my priorities have shifted, as well as, my extra cash.  So I wait.  I'll probably harp on this a little more, but I quit eBay, both buying and selling early last year.  While eBay may still be the largest online market place for just about everything, the fees and predatory buyers made selling a hassle and the increase in postage made buying single cards even more expensive.  Hence why I've picked up the majority of new additions via COMC.  What does this card have to do with patience?  Well everything.  I sure didn't pounce on one of these low numbered parallels when the set was released and I still hadn't purchased one for over 4 years.  But patience paid off and I found this card for a great price a couple months before Black Friday.  It's another reason I love shopping on COMC.  While deals can be elusive at times, with a little work and patience they can be had.  





No comments:

Post a Comment