Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Five K



If you read this blog regularly you' know I started sponsoring Robin's Trading Card Database (TCDB) player page.  It was something I had wanted to do for a while and really for only $5 a year for the sponsorship I'm not sure why I didn't do it sooner.  I know there are quite a few collecting websites out there, but I really like the TCDB. I have been an active member since 2009 and I'm glad to add the little financial support I can.  I've made Robin my priority on the website, making sure that checklists were correct and updated, and new checklists added that he's included in.  Well though concerted efforts Robin how has over 5000 cards listed on the TCDB.  A big chunk of those came when I updated the Brewers police card checklists by adding all the different city issues, that was over 600 cards alone.  And I know there are more cards to add with some SGA's and team issues that haven't been added yet.  

The screen grab below was taken this morning so it's current. You'll notice almost 32% of the cards have images attached.  I know that a lot of the rarer 1 of 1 cards and printing plates we may never have images for, but I like the idea of a place where you can get a checklist for a set, player or team and they have representative images for those sets, if not complete image galleries.

If you haven't checked out the database give it try.


No comments:

Post a Comment