Tuesday, February 23, 2016

1977 Saga Disc

Year: 1977
Manufacturer: MSA
Set: Saga Discs
Card Number: NNO


If you collect MSA discs from the late 70's you know that these Saga discs are some of the hardest and rarest to find.  While MSA put out these kind of discs from 1976 to 1978, Robin is only found on 1977 issues and only on certain ones.  This was actually a found treasure for me, because I didn't have this on my inventory, but while rummaging though some boxes that I keep a lot of my oversized stuff in I came across this.  It's also one of the reasons one of my collecting goals this year is to really go back though my collection and make sure I have it inventoried correctly.  

The front of the disc is identical to a lot of the standard MSA discs that year with only the back telling you what set it came from.  These are considered some of the rarest discs, because they were regional giveaways.  These discs were given out with a purchased school lunch in Philadelphia.  How about that?!  Given out in one city to kids!  But through the miracle of the internet, while these are rare they are not impossible to find.  The information above was gleamed from the Standard Catalog, but what exactly the Saga Company was was not.  I have to assume it was a food provider or supplier in the Philadelphia area, but my searches have come up empty.  Anyone know?








No comments:

Post a Comment