Tuesday, December 9, 2014

2014 Topps Tribute Emerald Parallel

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Topps Tribute
Year: 2014
Card Number: 39
Card Type: Base Color Parallel
Parallel Type: Emerald 
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 23/50

It's hard for me to pass up a low numbered parallel that I don't have.  I ended up picking this up on COMC during Black Friday for a ridiculous price.  And I've seen comments on how deals were really hard to find this year on the site, which is kind of true.  Once COMC and Beckett parted ways the list prices got a little crazy for some cards.  Say what you will about Beckett pricing, but at least it put a ceiling on the craziness, and most sellers would try and come in well below to make the cards look like a bargain.  Even still while some of the great deals of the past weren't to be found there were plenty of deals for me to spend my hard earned store credit on and this 2014 Tribute Emerald parallel was one of those.  

 I don't consider myself a slave to parallels when player collecting. If someone had been trying to get $15-20 for this card I would have easily just passed it up, but being able to pick this up for less than what shipping would have been on ebay, well that's a no brainer for me. 

Tribute is known more for it's hits than it's base design, but it's still not bad.  This year has a very art deco feel and even if they recycled a heavily used image of Robin it's not a bad looking card.

It did seem like they skimped a little bit on the back of the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment