Saturday, December 13, 2014

2014 Topps High Tek Cracked Ice Base Varaition

Card manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: High Tek
Year: 2014
Card Number: HT-RY
Card Type: Base Design Variation
Variation Type: Cracked Ice
Note: This is the second rarest of the 6 design variations.



I was really excited to see Robin in this year's Topps High Tek.  I think it's because I do love the chase and that fact that early speculation on the set layout put estimates of possible cards in the in the 150's per player.  Of course after the set was released and we figured out what was really going on that number dropped down to the high 20's with some pretty rare cards.  The other big revelation was that instead of every player having 12 variations, which was how a lot of us read the sell sheet, each player only had 6 and it was dependent on which league they played in. Also only the base design had parallels and autographed parallels.

After it was all said and done I'm pretty confident of my Yount Tek Checklist and I'm only a few cards images short for almost every example, I don't have high hopes for actually seeing the Galactic Charcoal 1 of 1 and even if it pops up chances are it'll be a crappy picture or scan.

But I was able to snag one of the rarer base variations.  According to Cardboard Connections this is the 2nd rarest variation.  What that exactly means I don't know.  I'm still waiting to see exactly how rare these base card variations are, but I figured I'd pick this one up while it was fairly cheap.






The scans really don't do these cards justice.  They are shiny and partially see through.  So I made a GIF.  While I don't have high hopes of picking up all the diffractors I am going to try and complete the base variation set and this is a great start.



1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to win some of the Polanco's but haven't had any luck so far. I like that Yount parallel.

    ReplyDelete