Thursday, December 4, 2014

1989 Cap'n Crunch

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Cap'n Crunch
Set Type: Food Issue
Year: 1989
Card Number: 21
Card Type: Base



For a food issue card the 1989 Topps Cap'n Crunch is a gem.  It's just a clean no nonsense card.  I guess we have to assume that Quaker Oats didn't want to spring for the full MLB license and just went with Topps on the MLBPA one.  But the overall design and colors work well.  I like the bold logos on the top and the addition of the player number in the center.




The back also has a nice overall layout with full MLB Batting Record.  With 22 cards in the set Topps could print 6 full sets per sheet so these really aren't that rare, and I'm pretty sure there was an offer to order complete sets on the back.

I found this image over at Cereal Box Price Guide.  I don't have the Standard Catalog in front of me so this was great to find. But you got two cards per box and a piece of gum, all cello wrapped together.



No comments:

Post a Comment