Tuesday, August 24, 2021

2019 Topps Transcendent - Franchise Favorites Sketch Card Reproduction

Year: 2019
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Transcendent
Card Number: FFR-RY
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Franchise Favorite Sketch Card Reproduction
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 045/100

Way back in January I requested my COMC stack and after watching an interview with COMC's CEO I realized that was the worst possible time to request shipment.  I won't bore you with the COMC rant, but 7 months later my package finally arrived.  In it I had over 160 cards and a huge stack of new in hand Yount cards.  So why not start showing those off with, what I think is, the best of the bunch.

Topps released the first Transcendent set way back in 2016 and Robin was included in the sketch card in that release.  He's had a card here and there in subsequent releases, but in 2019 he was again featured in the sketch cards and reproduction set.  The original Transcendent set was limited to just 65 cases, and every year since Topps has increased the print run.  

I'm not exactly sure who did the art for this card.  I know Dan Bergen did a bunch but I think Mayumi Seto might have also contributed and maybe another artist.  I figured that info would be easy to find, but it's not.  The back of the card doesn't state the artist either.  Regardless, it's a beautiful card set in a very heavy frame.


 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card!! Does this mean I'm going to lose the #1 spot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope all the cards from COMC were already logged in TCDB (mainly so I didn't accidentally buy dupes)

      Delete