Monday, December 14, 2015

2014 Topps High Tek Disco Refractor

Year: 2014
Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: High Tek
Card Number: HT-RY
Card Type: Diffractor Parallel
Parallel Set: Disco Diffractor
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 18/50

We are on card 3 or 8 from the Black Friday haul over at COMC.  I picked this card up for a ridiculously low price which made me very happy.  When the set came out last year I jump early at the rarest of the base parallel variations, but really didn't bother with the diffractors or autographs because they were going for well more than I wanted to drop.  But a little patience pays off.  I recently picked up the Gold Diffractor, also off of COMC, a while back.  And now the next rarest diffractor falls into the collection.  The base cards from this set look great in hand and I have to say the diffractors do too.  I'm a little surprised how well this card scanned.  You can really see the detail of the shards that make the diffractor.  I was little bummed Robin wasn't featured in this year's set as well and even more bummed not a single Brewer made the set.  Well that saved me money anyways.




No comments:

Post a Comment