Tuesday, December 22, 2015

1985 APBA Game card

Year: 1985
Manufacturer: APBA
Set: APBA Baseball
Card Number: NNO
Card Type: Base, player card

The only oddball I picked up on Black Friday was this 1985 APBA Baseball players card.
Not to be confused with the American Power Boat Association, APBA stands or stood for American Professional Baseball Association.  The company which is still in business puts out all sorts of sports games and holds yearly conventions and tournaments.  

This is the first APBA card I've picked up and I've never played the game.  I know it's kind of like Dungeons and Dragons for sports guys.  I also know from being part a few TTM groups on Facebook that there are a few guys that really like to send these cards our for autographs.  Personally I'm not a huge fan of cards that don't feature the players likeness and I also don't know if I've ever seen Robin referred to as Tito.  But I've had an APBA card for Robin on my personal want list for a while now and I can finally cross that off.





No comments:

Post a Comment