Thursday, September 2, 2021

2019 Panini Prizm - Neon Orange Donut Circles Prizm

Year: 2019 
Card Manufacturer: Panini
Set: Prizm
Card Number: 216
Card Type: Base Parallel
Parallel Set: Neon Orange Donut Circles
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 130/150


From my last COMC order I picked up quite a few of the 2019 Prizm parallels over that last couple years.  The last couple year's Panini has gone crazy with the base parallels with over 40, so 2019's 27 base parallels seems almost tame (not really that's still an insane amount of base parallels).  But that also means I have many, many Yount cards to chase.  Panini also likes to give some of their parallels interesting names like Forest Green Flash, Navy Blue Kaleidoscope, Cosmic Haze, etc etc.  So the Neon Orange Donut Circle Parallel kind of falls into that long weird naming convention, but actually pretty accurately describes what the parallel looks like.

I'll be honest the parallels are pretty hit or miss with me, but this parallel and it's sister parallel the Lime Green Donut Circles really pop and are hard to miss.  I've lamented over how terrible the color correction and air brushing is on Panini cards so no reason to rehash that.  I can see why NFL and NBA collectors really like Prizm though, imagine this card with correct colors and logos (chef's kiss).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment