Saturday, February 20, 2021

2020 Topps Archives Purple

Year: 2020
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Archives
Card Number: 29
Card Type: Base Parallel
Parallel Set: Purple
Card Attrbutes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 102/175

I think I've mentioned this on the blog before, but about a month ago I finally put in my shipment request at COMC.  It had been over a year since my last request and I was itching to finally get my hands on the cards I had sitting in my portfolio.  Of course shipping is super backed up at COMC and my projected shipping and delivery date isn't until mid April.  Oh the waiting is the hardest part!! Included in the lot is over 200 cards and quite a few of those feature Robin.  I've already added them to TCDB and my collection here, but man it'll be nice to get them in hand and feature them on the blog.

So while we wait let's take a look at one of my favorite card designs featuring Robin from the past year. So much so that this is still my blog header as I write this.  I haven't bought much off of eBay in the last couple years.  That's mainly due to the insane cost of shipping one card in a bubble mailer.  That might change with eBay's standard envelope but we'll see.  But I did pick up this beautiful purple parallel off of the bay last year.  It was a mix of good timing, but also the seller had a cheap or free shipping, I can't remember.  The one thing that has irked me about Archives in year's past is that when Robin has been included in the base checklist he usually appears on a design that he was an active player and had a card featured in the original set.  Not so this year and I love the way his card turned out in the 1955 design. Which also happens to be Robin's birth year.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment