Tuesday, January 7, 2020

2005 Fleer National Pastime

Year: 2005
Manufacture: Fleer
Set: National Pastime
Card Number: 74
Card Type: Base
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 489/699

COMC Black Friday Haul part 7.


One of my goals during the COMC Black Friday sale is to hunt for hole fillers.  Throughout the year I'm picking up deals like more like a sniper.  One here, one there, whenever they come up.  I also start to build my watch list, cards I want but I want to see if the price comes down, or if I'm going on a larger shopping spree like on Black Friday have a list of cards ready to purchase, and hopefully get them at a discount.  During the sale I usually will do a quick sweep of my want list, buy what I want and then go hunting.  This gets a bit more involved, checking what I already have and seeing if I can find cards I don't.  I'm always surprised how many base cards get by me, but I'm always happy to add them for a decent price when I find them on COMC.  This 2005 Fleer National Pastime card is one of those cards.This base card is serial numbered and while 699 copies may seem like a lot today, even back in the mid-2000's a base card numbered to only 699 copies was insane for a product, especially since most of the checklist was not short printed.  Ahem, but I digress.  This was obviously a hits driven product with 10 pack hobby boxes promising two hits and there were some fun hits.  Robin also has featured pretty heavily in the buyback offerings that could be found in the product.  According to Baseballcardpedia this was Fleer's last big fancy release before declaring bankruptcy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment