Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2013 Panini Hometown Heroes Zip Code Parallel

Year: 2013
Manufacturer: Panini
Set: Hometown Heroes
Card Number: 19
Card Type: Base Parallel 
Parallel Set: ZIP Code


Next up in my COMC Black Friday haul delivery is this 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes ZIP Code Parallel.  I had been looking for one of these cards since 2013.  The ZIP Code parallels fall 1:12 packs which equates to one per hobby box. NO clue what the insertion rate was for the 24 pack retail boxes. I couldn't find any print run information on the cards but as a box hit and the full 300 card set is paralleled any one card is pretty hard to get.  This was not a card I nabbed on Black Friday, no this card had been sitting in my portfolio since last January.  I can count the number of times I've seen this parallel or Robin's come up for sale on one hand so when this popped up on COMC or under $4 I grabbed it.  Overall I actually really like this set, it's fun and has some great inserts and bright in your face colors that really pop.  This card however is pretty terrible, with most of Yount's face obscured, the terrible photoshopped uniform color and airbrushing.  But I'm glad to be able to finally cross this card off my wantlist.




No comments:

Post a Comment