Thursday, September 12, 2019

1991 Milwaukee Brewers Police - Elm Grove PD

Year: 1991
Set: Milwaukee Brewers Police
Town/Police Dept: Elm Grove PD and Kanavas Landscape Mgmt. Inc.
Card Number: NNO

If your a Brewers collector there's nothing quite as iconic as the Police sets issued from 1982 to fairly recently.  The Milwaukee Police sets were given out at games as an SGA, but there were lots of smaller police departments that participated all over Wisconsin.  As a matter of fact from 1982 to 1993 Robin has over 600 different cards to chase!  And while the list here on the blog is pretty conprehensive it is by no means complete.  As a matter of fact this 1991 Elm Grove PD was not on the list.  1991 also marks the year that the sets went to the conventional trading card size.  And it makes storing these cards a lot easier.



4 comments:

  1. I recently made a decision to start specifically collecting these. I now have 45 different Yount police cards, but it feels like I haven't scratched the surface. I find myself going to more thrift stores now and have that excitement when I find a new one.

    The only thing I have to figure out now is what to do with all of the other cards. Many times, I find a set. I only want the Yount. I have a ton of other players now and they are accumulating fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't happen to have the franklin stubbs card from this team set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have the Stubbs of the Elm Grove set, but I do have three others. One is from the base, Milwaukee PD. The others are from the Cudahy and Hales Corners sets.

    ReplyDelete