Wednesday, December 12, 2018

2013 Panini Cooperstown - Red Pennant box topper

Year: 2013
Manufacturer: Panini
Set: Cooperstown
Card Number: 16
Card Type: Box Topper
Insert  Set: Red Pennants

I just got in my Black Friday order from COMC.  Included in the box was 26 new Yount items.  Some I've had sitting in my portfolio for over a year and others I picked up during the Black Friday sale on the site.  One of those items is this 2013 Panini Cooperstown Red Pennant box topper.  This was by far the most expensive item I picked up during the sale, but I still got it for a really good price.  This and it's sister blue pennant have been incredibly ellusive.  I've only seen a couple of these pop up on eBay and most of the time they either go for way more than I want to spend or the price tag is way too high.  So when one of these popped up on COMC for less than $9 I couldn't resist finally adding it to the collection.  I'm not sure how rare either pennant is but from just from the sheer lack of seeing them very often I'd say they are pretty scarce.  2013 Cooperstown had a couple different box topper possibilities.  Besides the pennants there was also a die-cut Cooperstown Lumberjacks topper you could pull.  These are about 5-6 inches long and about 4 inches wide at the top and surprisingly stiff.  The pennants are a homage to the 1916 Ferguson Bakery pennants.  I'm still on the look out for its blue counterpart.


No comments:

Post a Comment