Tuesday, November 6, 2018

2005 Fleer Classic Clippings

Year: 2005
Manufacturer: Fleer
Set: Classic Clippings
Card Number: 2013
Card Type: Base (Legends subset)
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 078/999

I can remember lamenting to my LCS owner back in the era around 2003-2005 about just how many different products there were.  It was hard for a collector, and I'm sure equally hard for a shop owner, to decide what to buy and what to chase.  Of course now it's the exact opposite with store shelves looking downright anemic.  But that era, which I would start at the end of the 90's through about 2006-2007 really produced some great products, even if there was a ton.  There were flops of course, but with so many companies trying to outdo each other it made for some now classic sets.  

While I don't know if I'd call Fleer's Classic Clippings a classic set it does give us a few Younts to chase.  Robin is part of the Legends subset.  All the Legends cards were limited to just 999.  There area also two parallels to chase in this set, the First Edition numbered to 150 and the Final edition, which Baseballcardepdia says is numbered to 1, but I own a Final Edition version and it is not numbered at all.  He's not featured in any of the other insert sets.




No comments:

Post a Comment