Saturday, July 21, 2018

2003 Donruss - Timber and Threads Bat Rellic Card

Year: 2003
Manufacturer: Donruss
Set: Flagship
Card Type: Insert, Relic
Card Number: TT16
Insert Set: Timber and Threads Relic
Relic Type: Bat
Card Attributes: Bat Relic, Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 083/125

It's incredibly rare that I find a Yount card in the wild here in Alaska that I don't have.  As luck would have it one of my LCSs, Don's Sportcards here in Anchorage, has had this card on the drop board for a few weeks.  Don starts the card off well below book value and the price drops every week till it hits $1.  I had been waiting for this card to come down to a reasonible price.  I was playing the odds that I'm the only Brewers collector in town and when I stopped in this weekend I decided to pull the trigger.  

The nice thing about his card is this is all there is.  There are no parallels, no other relic variations, no autographed version.  To be honest when I saw the card hanging there in the store I did a double take and then quickly consulted my collection list on the blog to see if I already had this card.  Seems like I would have, but no this ones new.  It's been a while since I added a new Yount to my collection.  This year in particular has seen most of Robin's new issues in very high end products and most of those have been very low numbered relics, autos and auto relics.  

The best part about his card is the actual bat that this piece came from is depicted on the back of the card.  Seem like now all we get is a general disclaimer that the player was at least in the same room as the relic or briefly glanced at it.  I also miss the large serial numbering that they use to put on cards.  You don't have to squint to read what this card is serial numbered to.  



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete