Wednesday, November 29, 2017

2008 Playoff Prime Cuts Icons Quad Relic

Year: 2008
Manufacturer: Donruss/Playoff
Set: Prime Cuts
Card Number: 22
Card Type: Insert Relic
Insert Set: Icons Materials - ICON
Relic Type: Quad Jersey
Card Attributes: Jersey Relic, Serial Numbered
Serial number: 7/9

I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty certain I don't own any 1 of 1 Yount cards, that includes printing plates. That might be surprising knowing that I super collect Robin's cards and he is by far my primary collecting focus for my entire trading card collection.  But honestly printing plates hold no more collecting value to me or emphasis than the card it was used to print.  That's mainly because I'm admittedly cheap and there are plenty of fellow Yount collector's that will pony up for those cards.  I'm not saying they wouldn't have a place in my collection, it's just not a focus of mine to chase those cards.  But that being said I do have a nice smattering of low numbered cards in my collection.  One of those is this quad relic from the Donruss/Playoff Prime Cuts set.  The Icons insert set has a ton of relic, autograph and relic autograph parallels.  This parallel is called the ICON parallel for the obvious reason the relic windows spell out ICON.  It's really a shame the swatches weren't more interesting on a card numbered to just 9.  Interestingly enough Donruss also skirted the licensing rules about logos.  You can clearly see the classic Brewers MB glove logo on Robin's helmet and he's in true team colors.   Upper Deck would pretty much put an end to this type of  card that walks the fine line when it got sues over it's 2010 Baseball set.  So now we get baseball cards from Panini that have zero logos and photoshopped false uniform colors.  




1 comment: