Tuesday, October 17, 2017

1984 Topps Ralston Purina Collector's Edition


Year: 1984
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Ralston Purina 1st Annual Collector's Edition
Card Number: 21
Card Type: Food Issue

Man I miss the days of food issue cards.  I know we got a taste last year with Topps / Wal-mart's Marketside Pizza cards, but really there hasn't been many food issue cards in a long long time.  I've thought it's a waste for companies not to put something like this in or on their products.  Even if it's not sports related a couple cards to cut out on a package would encourage at least some impulse buying.  I think Hostess is really missing out with their packaging not coming up with a Hostess set. Even if it was "Cakes of the World", I would probably buy a box just to cut the cards out.  Ahem.  

Here we have an example of a great food issue card from the food issue era.  Found in select Ralston Purina cereals. The set has 33 cards chocked full of stars.  And not only that we get a fully authorized card meaning logos!!!  Plus this is only a couple of years past Robin's World Series appearance so we get all kinds of WS tidbits.  I love how brusk the personal information is.  So Hemingway. 

But the placement of the apostrophe in Collectors' bother's me. I get it. It's the possessive of the plural of collector, but I think had they moved the apostrophe to Collector's it just makes the card more personable.  Calling directly to you the collector, not some faceless group of collectors.  But hey that's just me.




No comments:

Post a Comment