Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Yount Collector - Mission Statement

I've been contemplating doing this for awhile.  And while this blog is my own and I have no real obligation to publish this statement, sometimes you need to put stuff like this down in wrting to help steer your ship.  When I started this blog 4 years ago it was an off shoot of my main blog Collector's Crack.  The rational was that the Crack was going to be my catch all blog where I could show off cards, do box breaks, bitch about the hobby in general, and trade.  And while I had no problem having Collector's Crack be a Brewers, Packers, Yount, Rollie Fingers, Brett Favre centered blog I liked the idea of having it be more generalized.  So that led me to starting my family of blogs. Some of which I'm glad I started, others well, are more of an after thought now.  But having my player blogs is something I really enjoy.  Not only that but I still enjoy blogging in general and reading other's blogs and I enjoy my Player Collections.  I think blogging in general has been very good for me. I think I'm a better writer now than I was 4 years ago, some may debate that. But I am most assuredly  a better collector.  Blogging has exposed me to other collectors and collecting goals, it's allowed me to put down in words my personal goals and to be able to look back and say, "Oh yeah, that's what I wanted to do."


When I started this blog it was a little haphazard like all my blogs at the time.  I had all sorts of cool Yount cards and collectibles, but I wasn't really sure how to best present them. And then there was a time whenjust writing stuff over at Collector's Crack was an effort and all my other blogs suffered.  I tended to throw up posts here  about recent pick ups  all together with out much care for looking at the cards. Kind of not being able to see the forest for the trees.  So I've decided to start doing things a little differently.  My plan is to feature cards and collectibles individually, with a little write up and maybe some research and fun facts thrown in. This was an important part for me because I didn't want to just start throwing up scans of single cards to increase my post output. I wanted the posts to mean something and have a little value. Plus I had a goal to be able to put a picture to every card listed on my Yount Collection page.  Before I was linking cards to Tradingcarddb.com or my photobucket account.  Now my plan is to just be able to link the card to a blog post

I also plan to keep posting stuff on cool Yount collectibles I have no shot in ever owning. Like that PSA 10 rookie card I posted about.  And any other Yount related news.

And I'd like to thank the few of you that still read the drivel I post here and the fellow Brewers and Yount fans that have traded and even donated cards to the collection.

I remain as cynical as ever, cb out.

No comments:

Post a Comment