Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Holy Grail?

As a Yount collector there is one card that I consider THE rookie card. And that is Robin's 1975 #223 Topps card.  I've got a few in my collection and I've got just about every other 1975 card of Robin too, trust me there are more that just this card.  But Yount's 75 Topps card is the IT card for a Yount collector and growing up it was my Holy Grail. It was the pinnacle, the zenith, you get the idea. It was the card I lusted after and because at the time it booked at over $200 it was way out of my reach.  Anywho...

 I saw this beauty up on ebay. I'm guessing that centering doesn't count in the grade, otherwise this card is probably the nicest example I've ever laid my eyes on it.  According to PSA this is one of threeYount rookie ever to get the Gem Mint 10 grade.







No comments:

Post a Comment