Monday, April 13, 2020

2017 Topps Gallery - Hall of Fame Gallery Blue

Year: 2017
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Gallery
Card Number: HOF-28
Card Type: Insert, Parallel
Insert Set: Hall of Fame Gallery
Parallel Type: Blue
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 74/99


COMC Black Friday Haul #44


I'll admit I'm a bit fan of Topps Gallery from way back in the early days of the brand.  2017 marked the return of the set, which I was excited for, I was not excited that this was a Wal-Mart exclusive as this is a set that also begs to be in hobby shops.  I love that Topps also commissioned artists for the set. It would have been easy for Topps to just run some Getty Images through some Photoshop filters to get a similar result, something I sure they've done, but Dan Bergren does a great job on this Yount piece.  Add the marbly blue border for this parallel and it's a cardboard masterpiece.  As I stated a few posts ago one of the best things about COMC is being able to find cards like this as they pop up for great prices, sometimes it's a waiting game.  But it pays off.






No comments:

Post a Comment