Tuesday, November 17, 2015

2015 Topps Update Highlight of the Year insert

Year: 2015
Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Update Baseball
Card Number: H-81
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Highlight of the Year


Fresh out of the mailbox!  I've been seeing these cards go for as much as $4, which seems crazy to me given it's just a base insert.  My card comes much cheaper.  I picked up a lot of 5 of these bad boys off of justcommons.com for a whole thirty five cents a piece.  It was part of a larger order  filling some Brewers team set needs from recent releases.  

The insert comes from Topps' big continuation insert from Series 1 and 2.  The complete set has 90 cards, 30 from each series.  I featured this card and it's autograph variation in a post when Update came out, but this is the collection post.  

The card celebrates Robin joining the 3000 hits club, a stat that pretty much made him a first ballot shoe in.  I really like the overall design and look of the set, but I'm just not into trying to put together monster insert sets anymore, so the only cards I keep are for my team and player collections.

A great cheap addition to the collection.






No comments:

Post a Comment