Monday, January 13, 2014

1993 Donruss Masters of the Game Postcard

Card Manufacturer: Donurss
Card Set: Masters of the Game
Year: 1993
Card Number: 15
Card Type: Postcard

I had previously talked about that I house my main collection in two, three row monster boxes. But I have lots of odd ball Yount items that I have to put in other locations.  I've been reorganizing and trying to get most of the oversized oddball stuff together and make sure it's been logged on my inventory spreadsheet and on my collections page here.  And then while digging I always seem to find a cool card that I forgot about. And while I may have forgotten about this card, I did have it inventoried.

According to the Standard Catalog these cards were retail exclusives available only at Wal-Mart in 1993. The set consists of 16 players and all the big names from 1993 are here. Ripken, Griffey, Thomas to name a few, and of course Robin.  I'm a huge fan of Dick Perez and I've slowly been trying to put together a set of Diamond Kings from 1982 forward.  These cards are standard postcard size of 3.5 x 5 inches and even have a place on the back to write a note and put a stamp. These remind me of the Action All-Stars from the 80's, but these look a lot better.  




No comments:

Post a Comment