Monday, February 6, 2017

2009 Topps Legends Historical Commemorative Patch 1980 All-Star Game

Year: 2009
Manfacturer: Topps
Card Set: Flagship Baseball
Card Number: LPR-142
Card Type: Insert, Manufactured Relic
Insert Set: Legends Commemorative Patch
Card Attributes: Manufactured Replica All-Star Patch

I've never been a fan of Topps calling these cards relics and having them count as hits in their products.  That said I don't hate these types of cards.  I actually like the "Manurelics".  Robin has three cards in this set commemorating all three of his All-Star Appearances.  This one, obviously, commemorates his first All-Star appearance in 1980.  And while I don't hate these types of cards I do hate how cheap the patch looks.  I also hate that it looks like it was just hot glued in, which it probably was.  You can't tell from the scan but the background is just the gray backside of the back of the card.  It would have been nice had the opening been cut to fit the patch better.  If memory serves me these were inserted into Series 1 and Series 2 packs, with 75 in Series 1 and 75 in Series 2.  Although I don't remember and a quick internet search didn't help me all that much.  



No comments:

Post a Comment