Saturday, February 11, 2017

2008 Donruss Threads Century Stars

Year: 2008
Manufacturer: Donruss
Set: Threads
Card Number: CS-13
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Century Stars


2008 would mark Donruss' return to the baseball card game.  Donruss lost their MLB license in 2005 and never got it back.  I don't remember if there was a big tado over this set, but you can clearly see parts of logos and team colors looked true.  Of course Upper Deck made sure that you couldn't get away with this anymore. And this would be the last year before Donruss was aquired by Panini.

 I was really excited when this set came out.  Robin was featured in the main checklist and was in the inserts and had lots of parallels, relics, and autos to chase.  Through my collecting life I've gone through ebbs and flows with collecting.  That mainly had to do with what I was doing for work.  My first be reawakening came in 2002 when I discovered ebay and had time to spend lots of money.  It didn't hurt, or maybe it did, that 2002 was also a great year for Robin's relic cards and inserts.  But my second great awakening came in 2008 and I'll be honest I've been riding the crest of that wave for awhile now.  

The base insert itself is fine, but like all the inserts it's made for the relic and auto versions.  There are also serial numbered parallels to chase. 







No comments:

Post a Comment