Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Another Episode of - Haven't I Seen That Before?



Funny story... I posted the 2017 Series 1 Yount checklist and was just casually scrolling down my blog feed when I notice something and it made me do a double take.  I'll be honest had I not just done a post about Robin's 2005 Upper Deck Past Time Pennants card this would have totally escaped me.  I had to laugh.  Not only does Topps recycle the same image over and over again within it's own products, yes I know they use licensed images, but now we get to see Topps use images that other card companies have used.  I'm not mad it just makes me shake my head a little.  I mean Robin played baseball for 20 years!  I'm sure he had tens of thousands of potential images that could be used.  That's probably why I was a big cheerleader for his Stadium Club card last year.  It was unique to the set being the only card not to feature a player doing something basebally, and it was an image I hadn't seen used before.  

Here's a nice side by side.





No comments:

Post a Comment