Friday, July 1, 2016

2002 Topps 206 Mini Carolina Brights Back Pinstripe

Year: 2002
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Topps 206
Card Type: Mini Pinstripe Back Variation
Card Number: 289
Back: Carolina Brights

I featured this cards twin or rather other image variation back in November of 2015.  If any card or cards were my white whales these were probably it.  I absolutely love the 2002 Topps 206 set.  I loved the hits, the design, the inclusion of the tobacco sized minis, the variations to chase.  I loved it all and I opened quite a bit of this back in the day.  I especially loved that Robin was included in the checklist.  

In my mind it's this set that helped set up what we have today.  From all of Topps' vintage sets like Allen and Ginter and Gypsy Queen to Upper Decks Goodwin Champions and Goudey releases.  And while this is was not the first set to feature tobacco sized mini's it was the first one to make them popular and having multiple back variations to chase added to the fun or frustration.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finding a white whale....mine was the Mike Schmidt 'Cycle' back from his series 1 card...and every one I've seen is miscut! Loved this set, and agreed; it's the basis for every tribute set Topps has done since. I'm still chasing the autos and relics and still have never seen some 14 years later!

    ReplyDelete