Sunday, July 10, 2016

2016 Topps Archives

Year: 2016
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Archives
Card Number: 12
Card Type: Base


Fresh out of a pack.  It's the best way to add a new Yount to my collection and doesn't happen all that often.  As a matter of fact I just ordered a few of these from JustCommons for my Yount collection and my Brewers team set, but I'll take a pulled Yount anyday.  

Robin is featured on the 1953 design. It's a great looking card, but I'm a little disappointed that someone at Topps couldn't have made the logo box fit the logo.  I understand that the rectangle fits the current Brewers logo. I've added Jorge Lopez's card for comparison.   There is nothing quite like that rectangle in the original 53 set and it seems a little lazy not to make the box fit the logo.  But other than that the card looks great and I love seeing Robin featured on set designs that he was never featured in. Beats seeing him on the 1991 design.






No comments:

Post a Comment