Thursday, July 21, 2016

2016 Topps Series 2 Hallowed Highlights


Year: 2016
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Flagship, Series 2
Card Number: HH-13
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Hallowed Highlights


Continuing my 2016 pick-ups from Justcommons.com.  I finally got to add Robin's Hallow Highlights insert card.  Out of all the recent issues for Robin this was probably my most desired card out of the more pedestrian ones.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's because out of the small 15 card set it's nice to see Robin included and recognized.  The card itself celebrates one of Robin's biggest milestones as a player and the one probably featured on the majority of his cards like this one: his 3000th hit.  I did learn something new on the back of the card.  I had never realized that all three of his milestones, 1000th, 2000th, and 3000th hits were all against the Indians.  A fact that I did verify.







No comments:

Post a Comment