Thursday, June 30, 2016

A dude and his motorcycle -


So it's kind of funny I've had this post sitting in my drafts folder for over 2 years.  Back in 2014 Getty Images announced you could use it's images for noncommmerical applications on blogs and what not with proper credit.  I even did a blog post about it back then.  I also snagged this image to use for a post sometime, well fast forward to today and Tony L over at Off Hiatus Sportscards tweeted at me a picture of Robin's new Stadium Club card.  Which funny enough now features this image.  Tony wasn't too fond of the image and to be honest it took me by surprise when I first saw it.  It reminded me a lot of his 1992 Pinnacle Sidelines card.  Which might have been what I was saving this post for.  Anyways the more I look at the card the more I kinda dig it.  I'm a guy who loves the different and this is different.  I wonder if there are any other off beat images in this years Stadium Club?  I also thought this might be a photo variation.

And  I  joked that maybe if Robin is in this year's Allen and Ginter set he'll be featured golfing.








6 comments:

  1. If the A&G is that Molitor and Yount photo I snagged from Getty and tweeted at you, I'm entirely in favor of that.

    I see your point on this card being different and therefore more interesting and even perhaps better than some of the other stuff we've gotten of Yount. It's okay, I guess.

    Part of me wishes for more contemporary photos of these guys. The other part of me wishes that Topps would discover other Brewers besides Molitor and Yount. Maybe a Fingers or Sutton or Ted Simmons card every once in awhile wouldn't kill them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to see other Brewers than Molitor and Yount..

      Delete
    2. Mike, Tony has already ranted on that topic on twitter as well. And I agree. I would have loved to have seen Cecil Cooper, Jim Ganter, stikeout king Rob Deer, and BJ Surhoff, who I know was featured in this years Archives and interestingly enough was one of the guys I suggested to Topps that I would love to see in the set, mainly because BJ doesn't sign TTM and I don't think had a certified auto as a Brewer.

      Delete
  2. Like I said on Twitter, I love the card and the photo they used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you. I love oddballs and can't wait to see this card in person.

      Delete
  3. I like it and the interesting backstory. Worked out for me that you didn't post it 2 years ago or I may have missed it.

    ReplyDelete