Monday, September 21, 2015

2014 Topps Museum Collection Green Parallel

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Museum Collection
Year: 2014
Card Number: 67
Card Type: Base Color Parallel
Parallel: Emerald
Card Attributes: Serial numbered
Serial Number: 051/199


For how silly it seems to chase after cards who's only attribute is that they have a different border color and are serial numbered I am glad they exist.  For me I love that fact that I'll always have cards to chase.  My player collection of Robin is not about seeing an end point, ever.  I don't want to be done collecting his cards.  I always get excited when a new set that potentially will have cards with his likeness comes out.  I scour the checklists looking to see if there are new Younts to chase and catalog. 

Robin really missed the whole insert and parallel craze that started in the mid-nineties since he retired in 1993.  And the Brewers were an absolutely terrible team during that time with no real superstars in the line up so they got overlooked and underrepresented.  So for me seeing Robin included in sets like Museum Collection and having a base card and all those silly color parallels is a treat for me.  Many of the really low numbered cards can get pricey, but chasing cards like this Emerald parallel numbered to only 199 are affordable and usually pretty easy to acquire.



No comments:

Post a Comment