Thursday, September 24, 2015

1987 Topps

Year: 1987
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Baseball (Flagship)
Card Number: 773
Card Type: Base

Out of all the sets Topps has produced the 1987 flagship set is the one I hold closest to my heart.  This was the first set I remember trying to complete and actively buying packs of cards.  It's also a design I really like.  It reminds me of my father's den or perhaps that cool basement bar my uncle had.  And while the set was produced at the height of the junk wax era it's still a good looking set with plenty of printing errors to make putting a decent set together a challenge.  

I probably own well over 100 Younts from the set and I don't think any of them would grade to 10.  I do own a PSA graded 10 card though.

The backs feature the blue and yellow color scheme that I always loved because it matched the Brewers colors.





No comments:

Post a Comment