Tuesday, June 23, 2015

2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Box Variation

Year: 2011
Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Gypsy Queen
Card Number: 61
Card Type: Mini parallel
Parallel Type: Mini box photo variation

The inaugural year of the Gypsy Queen brand.  And with a new brand came new gimmicks.  For Gypsy Queen that meant paper frame parallels, framed mini relics and full size relics, SPs, and of course a cool mini box within the main hobby box that contained mini variations and mini versions of the insert cards that you couldn't find in the regular packs.  For me the base design is way too bland and yes I know it was meant to mimic the original Gypsy Queen tobacco set.  I've never been a huge fan of Gypsy Queen mainly because I hate the manufactured short print, but everything I love about the retro Allen and Ginter isn't in this set.

That being said I do love new Yount cards and Gypsy Queen over the years has been very good to us Yount collectors in that respect.  Robin gets lots of love being placed in the mini boxes, framed parallel checklists, and usually getting relic and auto cards too.



No comments:

Post a Comment