Wednesday, February 19, 2014

1982 Topps SGC Graded Near Mint 88


Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Topps Baseball
Year:  1982
Card Number: 435
Card Type: Base
Attributes: Graded
Grading Company: SGC
Grade: 88 NM/MT 8


Years ago I was blessed by a fellow Yount collector, Matt, he sent me two huge boxes of Robin Yount cards, both graded and ungraded. You can read that post here from 2011. Needless to say it was one of the greatest gifts I've ever been given in my collecting career. It's also one of the reasons I also try and put a little extra into every trade package I send. As I've been revamping The Yount Collector, those gifts will be popping up from time to time, especially all the great graded cards I received.

But first I want to feature one more graded card I picked up way back at the dawn of this blog. This card goes with the Graded 1987 Topps I posted about earlier. At the time I was looking to improve the collection and one way I wanted to improve it was to get some quality slabbed cards. Sure I'd already have tens if not hundreds of a lot of these cards, but getting one graded was another story.  My quest didn't last too long. I can't really remember how many graded Younts I picked up in total, but this 1982 SGC graded one is another I remember very clearly.  I originally posted about it way back near the dawn of the blog, here.

I looked for a cheap PSA card and finding none I settled for this 88 SGC. I really like the way the card looks in the slab. SGC has the nice cut outs for the corners and the black insert really makes the card stand out.


No comments:

Post a Comment